Responsible for supporting the Company's Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) programs for the region including training, policies, and procedures, best practices, and other related duties.
- Internally report and support Operation in investigating all safety related events following internal protocols. Events may include vehicle accidents, incidents, work related injuries, spills, leaks, contaminations, security threats, Near Miss incidents, or other business disruptions.
- Assist Operations in Injury Management Process to ensure injured workers receive appropriate level of care in collaboration with AXIOM, collecting and uploading clinical documentation to EHS Insight for OSHA recording and claims processing, assisting in Return to Work process, and follow up on recurring doctor visits until injured worker returns to full duty.
- Externally report incidents as required by customers and/or regulatory agencies.
- Conduct facility and field location EHS assessments and audits (Gate Checks, Terminal Inspections, Truck, Yard, and Shop Inspections, and Frac audits) to mitigate hazards, identify corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs), and ensure compliance with Company and Customer expectations.
- Actively ensure regulatory required inspection are completed and recordkeeping is maintained (SPCC, SWPP, Fire Extinguisher, Fire Alarm and Suppression Systems, Crane, etc.).
- Participate and provide support to Operations in customer meetings, customer orientations and training, and serve to mitigate EHS issues with customers.
- Facilitate EHS regulatory and customer audits and serve as the lead on these activities including follow up and corrective actions.
- Monitor Region Key EHS Performance Indicators and provide Operations feedback on activity and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide support to Operations in monitoring field team member and driver's Hours of Service to ensure compliance with HOS and Fatigue Management policy.
- Actively survey field operations by conducting safety observations to ensure EHS policies and procedures are understood and followed. Report findings in EHS Insight and issue On-the-Spot recognition cards when appropriate.
- Facilitate Incident Review Board meetings.
- Facilitate Safety Committee meetings and provide support to this safety initiative.
- Provide support for the GeoTab program in performance monitoring, coaching activity levels, assisting in re-reviews, points assignments, driver/vehicle reassignments, and training.
- Provide EHS Training for safety topics requiring Hands On or Face to Face contact. Training generally includes H2S, Fall Protection, Customer specific training, SPCC/SWPP plan training, Security Plan, Forklift, Crane, other Site Specific training.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned