Assist the Operations Manager in directing and coordinating activities of the local Operations department to create optimum efficiency and utilization to maximize profits. Supervise the routing customer deliveries, driver routes and workloads within designated timeframes and cost structure and in compliance with efficiency standards and safety regulations. The responsibility is centered upon three elements; drivers, trucks and inventory.
- Assist the Operations Manager in the implementation of department policies with the approval of and coordination with the Human Resources department.
- Assist in maintaining all equipment to ensure productivity and safety, and know its locations at all times.
- Assist in filing appropriate paperwork and fees with all State and Federal governmental agencies, including certifications and monthly/annual inspections of facilities in regional area.
- Assist with the Driver's meetings to provide avenue for Driver input & communications.
- Review inventories to gain efficiencies in purchasing and delivery capabilities; perform monthly inventory counts for all locations and reconcile daily.
- Assist in ordering for all regional locations, including office and field supplies using Coupa.
- DM2 Proficiency – Required for customer order processing and dispatch, inventory views and production orders.
- Implement, support and become an Electric Ticket Solution champion for the region.
- Assist in ensuring Pro-Tread training completed for entire region.
- Coach and document training opportunities with drivers utilizing GeoTab.
- Train to administer customer training programs required for contractors.
- Train to administer processes for receiving and validating 3rd-party loads into Company tanks.
- Supervises subordinate team members in their day-to-day performance.
- Assists in the day-to-day operations by making sure team members have the necessary tools and knowledge.
- Assist in creating and maintaining procedures to optimize product workflow and minimize cost.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation and customer issues.
- Ensure Pilot Thomas Logistics (PTL) is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials.
- Ensure goods are dispatched on time to the appropriate destinations and in the expected quantities.
- Ensure effective routing logistics are utilize in the transportation of products and goods.
- Assists in maintaining the order flow of all products and goods while supervising the customer delivery chain.
- Maintain communication between the warehouse and dispatch hub.
- Supervise the sourcing, tracking and reception of products and materials.
- Assist in the evaluation and review of the organization’s dispatch operation business practices, update and develop process documentation, streamline opportunities, and eliminate the non-value added services.
- Understand client needs and anticipate the responses and changes appropriately which in return builds strong customer relations.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned