Assist the Operations Manager in directing and coordinating activities of the local Operations department to create optimum efficiency and utilization to maximize profits. This responsibility is centered upon three elements; drivers, trucks and inventory.
- Assist the Operations Manager in the implementation of department policies with the approval of and coordination with the Human Resources department.
- Assist in maintaining all equipment to ensure productivity and safety, and know its locations at all times.
- Assist in filing appropriate paperwork and fees with all State and Federal governmental agencies, including certifications and monthly/annual inspections of facilities in regional area.
- Assist with the Driver's meetings to provide avenue for Driver input & communications.
- Review inventories to gain efficiencies in purchasing and delivery capabilities - perform monthly inventory counts for all locations and reconcile daily.
- Assist in ordering for all regional locations, including office and field supplies using Coupa.
- SAP Proficiency - Required for customer order processing and dispatch when needed, inventory views and production orders.
- Implement, support and become a GRID champion for the region.
- Assist in ensuring Pro-Tread training completed for entire region.
- Train to utilize SmartDrive as a coaching tool to improve the safety habits of the drivers.
- Train to manage driver logs and truck movements in Qualcomm (OmniTracs).
- Train to administer customer training programs required for contractors.
- Train to administer processes for receiving and validating 3rd-party loads into Company tanks.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned