Leads the new business creation process for either a designated account to break or expand into a geographic region or an industry. Working with the Account Managers, the Business Management will develop and manage a sales process and pipeline to introduce Pilot Thomas Logistics(PTL) portfolio of products and services to new business prospects. This position is a significant driver of new profitable business growth for PTL.
- Initiate and grow new relationships for PTL.
- Leverage relationships to make new sales proposals for incremental growth in product and services.
- Work with local Account Managers to develop account strategies and ensure successful delivery of new business.
- Create unique value for prospective customers by seeking to understand their business problems, issues and opportunities in new or different ways.
- Optimize the team within the geographic area to ensure complete customer satisfaction from presales through post sales.
- Focus on prospects where PTL's strength in our distribution network can differentiate us from our competition and deliver value and profitable growth.
- Provide managerial leadership and directs the selection, supervision and evaluation of staff.
- Conducts performance appraisals for direct reports. Initiates salary actions and disciplinary actions as warranted.
- Provides training and motivation to make use of individual capabilities.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.