Since 1936, Pilot Thomas Logistics and its family of marine companies (collectively, "PTL Marine") including Economy Boat Store and Maxum Petroleum have been providing quality products and services to the barge transportation industry. PTL Marine is the one-stop shopping solution for all of your Marine Fuel and Lubes, Groceries, Supplies and Last-Mile Logistics needs.
Leads the new business creation process for either a designated account to break or expand into a geographic region or an industry. Working with the Account Managers, the Business Development position will develop and manage a sales process and pipeline to introduce Pilot Thomas Logistics (PTL) portfolio of products and services to new business prospects. This position is a significant driver of new profitable business growth for PTL.
- Initiate and grow new relationships for PTL.
- Leverage relationships to make new sales proposals for incremental growth in product and services.
- Work with local Account Managers to develop account strategies and ensure successful delivery of new business.
- Create unique value for prospective customers by seeking to understand their business problems, issues and opportunities in new or different ways.
- Optimize the team within the geographic area to ensure complete customer satisfaction from presales through post sales.
- Focus on prospects where PTL's strength in our distribution network can differentiate us from our competition and deliver value and profitable growth.
- Provide managerial leadership and directs the selection, supervision and evaluation of staff.
- Conducts performance appraisals for direct reports. Initiates salary actions and disciplinary actions as warranted.
- Provides training and motivation to make use of individual capabilities.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.