The Business Development Manager (BDM) leads the new business generation process for designated accounts or targets, or the expansion of product and services toa new segment or geographic region. The BDM will develop and manage PTL’s sales process inclusive of account plans and pipelines to introduce and market the Company’s offerings to new and existing customers. The BDM is responsible for driving and delivering profitable and accretive portfolio growth for PTL. This role is not a managerial position.
- Establish, cultivate, and strengthen new business relationships for PTL.
- Leverage existing relationships to grow gross margins through the capture of new business and share of wallet opportunities.
- Develop and maintain account plans and pipelines for business prospects.
- Create value for customers by uncovering their needs and articulating PTL’s unique value proposition.
- Prepare, present, and convert proposals for new and existing customers.
- Mentor and coach Field Sales Representatives (FSRs) to help their growth into BDM roles, as needed.
- Observe and study market dynamics and provide market intelligence or feedback upon request.
- Focus on prospects where PTL’s strength in our distribution network can differentiate us from our competition and deliver value and profitable growth.
- Provides training and motivation to make use of individual capabilities.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.