Since 1936, Pilot Thomas Logistics and its family of marine companies (collectively, "PTL Marine") including Radcliff/Economy Marine Services and Maxum Petroleum have been providing quality products and services to the barge transportation industry. PTL Marine is the one-stop shopping solution for all of your Marine Fuel and Lubes, Groceries, Supplies and Last-Mile Logistics needs. Responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the Operations Team to obtain optimum efficiency, economy of operations and maximize profits.
There is only one position and the candidate can reside in Mobile, AL; New Orleans, LA; Baton Rouge, LA. Apply to the location that you reside closest to.
- Initiate and grow new relationships for PTL.
- Leads day to day sales and commercial activities.
- Leverage relationships to make new sales proposals for incremental growth in product and services.
- Lead local proposal development and customer conversion.
- Provide market intelligence on customers and industries.
- Develop new account objectives to maintain/grow volumes while increasing margins.
- Create unique value for prospective customers by seeking to understand their business problems, issues and opportunities in new or different ways.
- Focus on prospects where PTL's strength in our distribution network can differentiate us from our competition and deliver value and profitable growth.
- Provide managerial leadership and directs the selection, supervision and evaluation of staff.
- Conducts performance appraisals for direct reports. Initiates salary actions and disciplinary actions as warranted.
- Provides training and motivation to make use of individual capabilities.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.