The Mechanic is responsible for maintaining the trucks and facilities and coordinating all required repairs. Must own a mechanic's tool set, capable of supporting general heavy equipment fleet, including electrical and internal combustion engines, and be willing to expand personal tools.
- Maintain inventory of parts necessary to perform the job (i.e., bulbs, gloves, fittings, etc.).
- Evaluates poor-running trucks and ensure proper diagnosis and repair.
- Provide regular maintenance of fleet equipment and facilities.
- Review vehicle inspection reports and insure all repairs are made to DOT and Company standards.
- Perform all required DOT and CHP services and inspections; keep up-to-date truck files and ensure that the Company is in regulatory compliance.
- Keep fleet in compliance with all DOT and CHP regulations.
- Ensure that trucks are always in a safe operating condition.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned