The Diesel Mechanic is responsible for maintaining the trucks and facilities and coordinating all required repairs. He/She must own a mechanic's tool set and be willing to expand. Capable of supporting general heavy equipment fleet, including electrical and internal combustion engine, and generator repair.
Duties & Responsibilities
- ELECTRICAL OR GENERATOR REPAIR EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Maintain inventory of parts necessary to perform job (i.e., bulbs, gloves, fittings, etc.).
- Evaluate poorly running trucks and insures their proper repair.
- Provide regular maintenance of facility and all equipment.
- Review vehicle inspection reports and insure all repairs will be made.
- Perform all required DOT and CHP services and inspections. Keep up-to-date truck files and ensure that the Company is in compliance with all regulations.
- Keep fleet in compliance with all DOT and CHP regulations.
- Ensure that trucks are always in a safe operating condition.