Since 1936, Pilot Thomas Logistics and its family of marine companies (collectively, “PTL Marine”) including Economy Boat Store and Maxum Petroleum have been providing quality products and services to the maritime industry. PTL Marine is the one-stop shopping solution for all of your Marine Fuel and Lubes, Groceries, Supplies and Last-Mile Logistics needs.
Schedule and coordinate flow of work based on customer orders, establish priorities and availability of personnel, equipment, and resources. Select and schedule marine personnel for tugs and barges. Maintain records, process paperwork to ensure proper billing for services to customers. Maintain communications with vessel Captains and barge PICs regarding change of orders via radio, computer or cell communications. Assist in developing and monitor procedures and programs to track company and crew activities. Dispatch personnel in response to incidents and emergency requests from the fuel pier and vessels.
• Ensure Regulatory work-hours are maintained by vessel personnel.
• Ensure accuracy of prepared schedules and sales orders.
• Promote employee feedback on scheduling courtesy and communications.
• Adherence to and understanding of MAXUM Petroleum’s operating policies and procedures.
• Perform related administrative duties as assigned.
• Participate in MAXUM on-call Duty Program
• Participate in MAXUM Petroleum’s Incident Command System as assigned.
• Promote incident and spill free operations.
• Promote customer satisfaction.
• Equal distribution of work among marine personnel.
• Performs other general operations and administrative duties as directed.
• Other general maintenance as directed.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
• Extensive knowledge of the local operating area.
• Four (4) year college education in Maritime or related studies; or equivalent experience.
• Three (3) years at sea on tugboats, tankers, or oil barges or equivalent military experience preferred.
• Three (3) years of increasingly responsible management in maritime industry.
• Knowledge of the marine bunkering industry.
• USCG license and PIC endorsement on Merchant Mariner Document preferred.
• Working knowledge of Sage, Microsoft Word and Excel applications.
• Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive materials and communications.
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance.
• Must be capable of calculating barge load and discharge plans or learn within the first month
• Ability to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions.
• Ability to interface with others using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
• HAZWOPER training preferred.
• Valid First Aid/CPR/AED training.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Must be able to read, speak, write, type, and understand English in person and over telephone.
• Must be 18 years of age and eligible to work in the United States.
• High school diploma or GED required
• Frequently required to stand and to walk.
• Occasionally required to sit.
• Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
• Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
• Continually required to talk or hear.
• Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
• Frequently required to lift/push/carry items more than 50 pounds.
• Frequently exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather).
• Frequently work near moving mechanical parts.
• Occasionally work in high, precarious places.
• Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals.
• Periodic exposure to outside weather conditions.
• Periodically exposed loud noise (examples: pump engines, propulsion engines).
• Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used; Forklifts, Company Trucks.