Since 1936, Pilot Thomas Logistics and its family of marine companies (collectively, "PTL Marine") including Radcliff/Economy Marine Services and Maxum Petroleum have been providing quality products and services to the barge transportation industry. PTL Marine is the one-stop shopping solution for all of your Marine Fuel and Lubes, Groceries, Supplies and Last-Mile Logistics needs.
Responsible for all aspects of proper maintenance of the marine fueling stations.
- Determine status of tanks and check all valves, hoses, and nozzles; check emergency pump shut off, ensure pump pressure at dock is within acceptable limits; conduct facility security checks; keep fueling station clean and organized.
- Count product for inventory.
- Direct vessels to proper fill station; determine flow rate and set valve; register all vessels fueled on log sheet; collect payment from customers as required and submit for appropriate tracking/reconciliation.
- Check spill pads and absorbent boom for accessibility and condition.
- Assist drivers and warehouse team members as needed; provide assistance to vessel vendor staff (e.g., captains, maintenance teams) as needed.
- Handling Hazmat products; operate forklift, fuel & lubricant pumps.
- Perform facility maintenance.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Flexibility and availability to work extended hours
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum one year of experience on marine fuel dock.
- Forklift operation certification, TWIC card, and minimum 24 hours HAZWOPER training (or ability to obtain required certifications/card/training upon hire).
- Follows policies and procedures, supports organization's goals and values.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Meets productivity standards, completes work in a timely manner.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, balance, climb, and reach overhead.
- Handle (using both hands and arms and rotation of the hand or wrist).
- Manipulate fingers to pick, pinch or, otherwise working with fingers primarily.
- Walk, sit and stand for an extended period of time; carry, push, pull, and lift in excess of 100 pounds.
- Engage in coherent speech and possess capacity to hear loud and soft noises.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and in warehouse with open dock doors.
- Ability to work in environment that provides exposure to loud noises, vibrations, moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.