Please refer to essential responsibilities.
- Set-up and use an oxygen/acetylene torch for cutting purposes.
- Develops layout and plans sequence of operations.
- Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto work piece.
- Hammers, chips, and grinds work piece to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
- Positions, aligns, fits, preheats work pieces, and welds together parts.
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications.
- Fabricates and assembles sheet metal products.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Distinguishes varying thicknesses of metal materials.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Helps out Senior Welder/Fabricators when requested.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.