Responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with the accepted principals of the safe operations on hydraulic fracturing locations. This position is also responsible for fueling equipment and pulling hoses on locations.
- Helping the driver complete proper pre and post trip truck and trailer inspections.
- Proper loading and unloading of fuels; handling, hooking, and unhooking hoses; operating pumps and valves for loading and unloading, both on and off the truck.
- Safely fill tanks of all types and sizes using various size hoses, nozzles, and fittings.
- Safely use pipe,wrenches, crescent wrenches, hammers, and other hand tools.
- Accurately complete invoices, and other paperwork as required.
- Courteously work with bosses, dispatchers, fellow employees, and customers.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Class D Operator license required.
- May occasionally drive a pickup truck to work location.
- Ability to work with sections of hose that may exceed 10' in length, measures 4' in diameter, and lift as much as 50lbs occasionally.
- Ability to work with sections of hose that may exceed 50' in length, measures 1.5' in diameter, and drag as much as 75lbs occasionally.
- Ability to couple hoses to connect and disconnect hoses.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English.
- Able to pass Pilot Thomas Logistics employment screenings.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to apply basic math skills.
- Ability to and willing to work long hours including day and night shifts.
- Ability to properly install tire chains in snowy, icy, and muddy conditions.
- Ability to safely climb ladders and walk on top of truck tanks.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods.
- Ability to drag fuel hose in and around all types of equipment and fill the equipment while in operation.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete New Team Member Orientation (NTMO).
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as required, in order to perform required duties.
- Frequently climb in and out of a large truck.
- Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.
- May be required to be exposed to extreme weather conditions (snow, ice, heat, winds).
- May be required to drive for long periods of time.
- Remote locations.
- Occasionally climb ladders to inspect inside the cargo tank following loading or unloading.