Supports the overall operation of the Frac operations for their assigned warehouse. Responsible for maintaining customer requirements/service, provide SmartDrive coaching, managing Pilot Thomas Logistics (PTL) property, inventory control, staffing, scheduling and dispatching. Ensure PTL's hydraulic frac customers receive exceptional customer service by being on location in the field meeting with the customers and managing the service delivery and safety provided by our drivers and frac technicians.
- Assist in maximizing fuel dispensing at the customer locations.
- Assist in teaching and role modeling proper customer service.
- Aid the Frac Manager in designing and implementing a plan to meet and/or exceed budgeted net profit and volume goals.
- Communicate sales and profitability goals to warehouse team and provide timely feedback on results.
- Takes or assumes an active role in developing forecasts goals.
- Ensure the overall customer's experience including safety, warehouse condition, in-stock efficiency, pricing and service meets or exceeds established PTL standards.
- Plan and assign deliveries to maximize productivity and customer service.
- Responsible for completing all administrative duties in a timely fashion with a high degree of accuracy; delivery tickets are processed and entered successfully to ensure timely payments by our clients; all required paperwork completed accurately and entered via the computer each day and on time.
- Conducts job visits to review customer service with clients and to inspect PTL field team members to ensure compliance with PTL policies and procedures.
- Generate a regular Quality Control Report to share insights with PTL Sales and Operation teams.
- Works with local management to ensure new hire training is completed prior to starting hands-on field training.
- Conducts training on standard operating procedures for both new and experienced team members to ensure performance is continually improving.
- Reviews performance of field team members and provides feedback on a regular basis; manages performance improvement and discipline process as necessary.
- Forecast work activity and identify need for additional team members.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5 plus years of recent experience in petroleum distribution or oilfield services industry.
- 3 plus years' supervisory experience.
- 2 plus years of frac experience.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of pressure pumping.
- Ability to keep accurate records of maintenance events.
- Ability to follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Strong business and financial knowledge and accounting practices.
- Effectively work in a dynamic team environment and have the flexibility to adapt to changes.
- Reliable and punctual, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, change-oriented, high-pressure work environment.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate's degree preferred
- Ability to safely enter the cab of truck, even when surfaces are slick, by maintaining 3 points of contact at all times.
- Ability to lift up to eighty (80) lbs frequently and to push/pull up to one hundred fifty (150) lbs frequently.
- Ability to sit and/or drive for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb a 10 ft ladder.
- Ability to work in and around chemicals and fuels.
- Ability to work with noise of engines, drilling rigs, pumps and equipment.
- Ability to stoop, bend and conduct work overhead for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions: rain, fog, ice, snow, winds and temperatures ranging from 10 degrees to 100 plus degrees.