Responsible for receiving and routing customer deliveries in a manner that ensures on-time delivery, maximized driver utilization per shift, and compliance with safety standards and regulations.
- Receive and input customer delivery request via phone, email, and online portal. Professionally communicate with customers and provide highest level of customer service.
- Optimize available resources, such as drivers and equipment, against the daily delivery schedule to achieve on-time delivery (OTD) for all fuel, lube, and other product/service commitments. Additionally, ensure all resources are scheduled in a manner that allows for optimal resource utilization, meeting customer targets for driver utilization.
- Partner with operations leadership and drivers to manage daily Hours of Service (HOS) ensuring adherence with company fatigue management policy, employee safety and Federal and State DOT regulations.
- Ensure all fuel deliveries are scheduled in accordance with lifting instructions provided by PTL Supply Organization. Utilize knowledge of geography and supply points to reduce cost while still meeting customer requirements for delivery.
- Provide solution-minded approach to customer and/or sales request for delivery. Partner with customer/sales to ensure maximum delivery size targets are achieved.
- Effectively route lube and other non-fuel deliveries in a method that maximizes driver utilization per shift, while still meeting customer expectations for delivery windows.
- Perform repetitive, daily checklist to ensure completion of critical task managing customer deliveries for monitored and keep-full locations, as well as active unit list provided by lubricant customers.
- Manage customer call volume efficiently and ensure all customer request are addressed in a timely manner. Effectively route all emergency calls to the appropriate safety and operational leaders.
- Investigate delivery data and provide feedback to other teams about process and performance improvement or if feedback is solicited about a specific issue or order.
- Participate in UAT for new technologies including GRID and PLT dispatch software; provide level 1 support to drivers who are having issues with handheld devices and assist them to appropriate group for further assistance if needed.
- Record and communicate inventory management of what dispatched on the truck and what returned to the terminal; follow up to ensure return to inventory process is performed to ensure accurate data for next shift.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.