Responsible for effectively routing customer deliveries, managing driver routes and workloads within designated time frames and cost structure and in compliance with efficiency standards and safety regulations.
- Manage daily workload and optimize pick up and deliveries for all fuel, lube, package and truck and trailer deliveries for up to 100 drivers, based on cost of delivery, on-time service and driver/vehicle requirements;
- Includes assignment of drivers to routes and their daily Hours of Service, in order to maximize customer satisfaction and operational efficiency in adherence with company fatigue management policy, employee safety and Federal and State DOT regulations.
- Use Best Buy fuel purchase requirements and determine transportation costs associated with delivery per recommended lifting location, determine best location that reduces cost and still meets customer requirements for delivery.
- Successfully execute plan determined by supply manager for market - but look beyond pricing to ensure best solution based on transportation time & cost and customer expectation
- Measure number of dropped calls against total number of calls; know how to handle first notification of accidents, incidents, and who to call; know how to address emergency calls.
- Investigate delivery data and provide feedback to other teams about process and performance improvement or if feedback is solicited about a specific issue or order.
- Participate in UAT for new technologies including GRID, TopTech, PLT dispatch software and Qualcomm; provide level 1 support to drivers who are having issues with handheld devices and assist them to appropriate group for further assistance if needed.
- Record and communicate inventory management of what dispatched on the truck and what returned to the terminal; follow up to ensure return to inventory process is performed to ensure accurate data for next shift.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.