Responsible for directing, coordinating, and completing activities of the Logistics Center of Excellence (COE). This is a transformational role in developing the COE through utilization of technology platforms such as dispatch software modules and enterprise resource planning (ERPs). This role is also “hands on” and requires task-based activities for a majority of the work period. Daily oversight of dispatching loads to optimal asset/driver utility and efficiency and on-time delivery (OTD).
- Establish Center of Excellence (COE) program.
- Recruit top-level talent for logistic coordinators/dispatchers and other critical team members in COE.
- Develop, maintain, and administer standard operating procedures (SOPs) as related to logistics of assets/drivers and creation of inbound customer orders.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to provide training on key topics such as product and compatibility, and equipment expertise.
- Develop and maintain Logistics playbook for new team members on boarding.
- Supervise work activities of team members to eliminate Non-Value Added activities (NVA).
- Meet On-Time Delivery (OTD) targets for each operating terminal.
- Leverage Asset Planning tool(s) to achieve improved Asset Utilization targets.
- Ensure the customer experience is positive and simple when placing and receiving orders; resolve problems concerning transportation and customer challenges in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide frequent communication updates to Operations/Sales team members on status of orders and any challenges which may result in delays to the customer.
- Develop key relationships with stakeholders including Operations, Management, Sales, and Supply Chain.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned