Must have mechanical knowledge and experience sufficient to repair and maintain our fleet of trucks with the end result of reducing downtime and increasing safety. Must be able to inspect, troubleshoot, conduct diagnostics and repair situations that occur in our fleet of trucks.
· Basic knowledge of diesel engine repairs.
· Must have own hand and pneumatic tools.
· Inspect,troubleshoot, conduct diagnostics and repair brakes.
· Inspect,troubleshoot, conduct diagnostics and repair air conditioning issues.
· Conduct general maintenance and preventive maintenance on transport, bobtail, and small fleet trucks.
· Perform and complete DOT inspections.
· Inspect, troubleshoot, conduct diagnostics and repair minor electrical issues.
· Inspect, troubleshoot, conduct diagnostics and repair wheels and tires.
· Ensure that all repairs and PM's are completed according to the manufacturers’ and Pilot Thomas’s specification and guidelines.
· Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
· Ensure all work documentation conforms to Pilot Thomas Logistics policies.
· Special projects as requested
· Perform other duties as assigned
· 1-3 years of general heavy duty diesel truck mechanic experience and/or technical school equivalent.
· Ability to operate a 2-way radio, and follow instructions.
· Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
· General understanding of mining operations.
· Ability to keep accurate records of loads and equipment condition.
· Ability to read and understand written documentation.
· Previous off highway heavy equipment or haul truck operation in an open pit mining environment is preferred.
· Previous experience working in an active open pit mine preferred.
· Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements
· Ability to work independently.
· High school diploma or GED required
· Brake and Air Conditioning Certification required
· Level 1 Mechanic Certification or experience commiserate to successfully perform functions of the position
· Ability to work overtime as business and customer demand dictates.
· Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
· Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
· Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment.
· Standing,stooping, bending, doing work overhead for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers.
Some travel may be required.