Responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the local Operations department to create optimum efficiency and utilization to maximize profits. This responsibility is centered upon three elements; drivers, trucks and inventory.
• Implement department policies with the approval of and coordination with the Human Resources department
• Manage, hire, mentor and discipline team members with the approval of and coordination with the Human Resources department
• Maintain all equipment to ensure productivity and safety, and know its locations at all times
• File appropriate paperwork and fees with all State and Federal governmental agencies, including certifications and monthly/annual inspections of facilities in regional area.
• Conduct monthly safety meetings ensuring compliance with all State and Federal regulations
• Conduct Driver's meetings to provide avenue for Driver input & communications
• Review inventories to gain efficiencies in purchasing and delivery capabilities - perform monthly inventory counts for all locations and reconcile daily
• Order for all regional locations, including office and field supplies using Coupa
• SAP Proficiency - Required for customer order processing and dispatch when needed, inventory views and production orders
• Implement, support and become a GRID champion for the region
• Ensure Pro-Tread training completed for entire region
• Provide local loading facilities (aka Racks) with proper documentation for both drivers and equipment per the requirements for each particular location
• Utilize SmartDrive as a coaching tool to improve the safety habits of the drivers
• Manage driver logs and truck movements in Qualcomm (OmniTracs)
• Administer customer training programs required for contractors
• Administer processes for receiving and validating 3rd-party loads into Company tanks
• Special projects as requested
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 10 plus years of progressively responsible experience in similar role with experience in Transportation/Logistics (i.e. Oil, Gas, Lubricants, and Chemicals)
• Demonstrated supervisory skills with large teams of CDL drivers, Warehouse, Dispatchers, Mechanics, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
• Must have own transportation (Pickup Truck). Eligible for motor vehicle reimbursement program.
• Idaho State propane dealer license is required
• Class A/B CDL is a plus
• High school diploma required
• Bachelor's degree required and MBA preferred
• Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
• May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
• May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
• May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.