Responsible for identifying and attracting top field personnel (drivers, techs, warehouse, sales,etc.) talent in response to current and forecasted openings, create and maintain a continual/activeflow of prospects by utilizing innovative sourcing techniques including: advanced internetsearching skills, cold calling, networking, database mining, referrals, and other advanced recruitment tools. Provides recruiting and compliance support and partners closely with field leaders andmanagement to ensure timely on- boarding of talent. This is full cycle recruiting.
- Strategic recruitment partner supporting the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to recruit diverse talent, leveraging the use of social networking sites, network contacts, internet postings, database searches, referrals, and niche job boards to recruit top talent and create diverse candidate pools.
- Partners closely with Operations, Terminal Managers, and Recruiting/HR team to support current and future staffing needs.
- Recruits, sources, screens and identifies prospective candidates for job openings to ensure job requirements and expectations are assessed against appropriate criteria; presents candidates to the recruiting team following the Recruitment and Sourcing Guidelines.
- Develops knowledge of current market place and trends.
- Makes initial candidate contact and builds a relationships with prospective candidates with the emphasis on networking to develop candidate leads and to develop their interest level in Pilot Thomas Logistics (PTL) opportunities.
- Utilizes effective communication and follow-through with candidates, including establishing and maintaining effective relationships while promoting PTL highlights and career opportunities.
- Keeps the recruiting team informed by providing resume, telephone screen evaluations, expertise in interviewing methodology and high-touch customer- focused processes to enable consistent quality of hire.
- Tracks and reports key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activity.
- Utilizes the applicant tracking system (Workday) to review requisitions, process hires, and maintain onboarding processes
- Works flexible schedules, including some weekends according to business needs.
- 30-40% travel within regional areas supporting hiring events, training initiatives, and/or operations support
- Partner with Compliance to run DOT and Non-DOT MVRs, pre-employment screenings, employment verification, etc.
- Conducts thorough follow up with respective candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned