Manages and develops lubricant & chemical sales with a strategic multi region customer base. The customer base can be national in scope and crosses a wide geographic footprint including current accounts and active prospects. Requires a strong focus on managing the relationships and deliverables in both a centralized and decentralized customer structure. Works with the sales managers and representative supporting and managing a sales process and pipeline to introduce Pilot Thomas Logistics (PTL) portfolio of products and services to new business prospects.
- Prospect, engage, and close large pieces of new lubricant, fuel & chemical business.
- Leverage relationships to make new sales proposals for incremental growth in product and services.
- Create unique value for prospective for customers by seeking to understand their business problems, issues and opportunities in new or different ways.
- Manage assigned current accounts and deliver customer specific key performance indicators that support the overall PTL strategy to grow our share of wallet.
- Optimize PTL’s sales team within the region to ensure complete customer satisfaction from presales through post sales.
- Focus on prospects where PTL’s strength in our distribution network can differentiate us from our competition and deliver value and profitable growth.
- Develop and manage the contact map to maintain and develop appropriate personal relationships within the customer base.
- Develop pricing strategy recommendations, pricing coordination, and long-term market outlook for focused segments.
- Negotiate the deep and complex portfolio of products and programs that drives a foundation for moving customers from traditional products to an enhanced performance product platform based on business and segment needs.
- Work with the Operations and Supply Chain teams to ensure service on time delivery and product distribution is 100%.
- Effective use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to manage all aspects of the account relationship and build sustainable relationships throughout the customer organization, as well as PTL’s organization.
- Provide market intelligence on customers and industries.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.