Responsible for directing and coordinating activities of various Operations departments to create optimum efficiency and utilization to maximize profits. This responsibility is centered upon three elements; drivers, trucks and inventory.
- Directs and manages the day-to-day activities of the organization's operations, typically through subordinate operations managers and sometimes on a rotating location basis, as business needs dictate.
- Serves as a leader on special project initiatives from time to time to help drive operational effectiveness across the broader organization (SkyBitz).
- Implement department policies with the approval of and coordination with the Human Resources (HR) department.
- Manage, hire, mentor and discipline team members with the approval of and coordination with the HR department.
- Maintain all equipment to ensure productivity and safety, and know its locations at all times.
- File appropriate paperwork and fees with all State and Federal governmental agencies, including certifications and monthly/annual inspections of facilities in regional area.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings ensuring compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Conduct Driver's meetings to provide avenue for Driver input & communications.
- Review inventories to gain efficiencies in purchasing and delivery capabilities - perform monthly inventory counts for all locations and reconcile daily.
- Order for all regional locations, including office and field supplies using Coupa.
- DM2 Proficiency - Required for customer order processing and dispatch when needed, inventory views and production orders.
- Implement, support and become an Electronic Ticketing Solution champion for the region.
- Ensure Pro-Tread training completed for entire region.
- Provide local loading facilities (aka Racks) with proper documentation for both drivers and equipment per the requirements for each particular location.
- Coach and document training opportunities with drivers utilizing GeoTab.
- Administer customer training programs required for contractors.
- Administer processes for receiving and validating 3rd-party loads into Company tanks.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Reports to K. East (Operations Vice President)