Supports the transportation maintenance team with data entry, reporting, invoice reconciliation, vehicle maintenance scheduling and Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance with all company, state and federal rules and regulations. Partners with multiple departments, including transportation management, dispatch, drivers and Accounts Payable.
- Enter vehicle maintenance-related data into central system, including mileage, type of maintenance performed, towing services utilized, and costs/receipts submitted; create and distribute reports as required, including the tracking of costs per division and type of vehicle.
- In partnership with mechanics and dispatchers, create and maintain system for scheduling regular and as needed vehicle maintenance
- Maintain in-vehicle documentation in compliance with DOT and company, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Maintain parts inventory and track parts pricing, soliciting competitive bids as needed for frequently used items; create purchase orders.
- Support collection and review of driver' logs; assist with data entry for fuel and customer-specific initiatives
- Maintain DOT maintenance folders in the maintenance software system, DVIR records, and other FMCSA related regulatory documentation as it pertains to maintenance of the company's fleet.
- Ensure timely communication and resolution to vendor and AP issues.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned