The Tank Farm Operator is responsible for maintaining the Tank Farm systems and facilities and coordinating all required repairs
Description of Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory of parts necessary to perform job (i.e., PM parts, hoses, fittings, etc.).
- Evaluate poorly running equipment and insures their proper repair.
- Provide regular maintenance of facility and all equipment.
- Maintain Tank Farm inspection reports and insure all repairs will be made.
- Perform all required Maintenance services and inspections.
- Keep up-to-date service files and ensure that the Company is in compliance with all regulations.
- Ensure facility in compliance with all OSHA regulations.
- Maintain proper housecleaning standards at all times
High school diploma or GED.
Associate's Degree preferred.
Mechanic certification preferred.
Tank Farm experience preferred
5+ years of progressively responsible experience in similar role
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Able to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Heavy physical effort (55+ and Up).
- Hearing, talking, walking, periods of prolonged sittings.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and in warehouse with open dock doors
- Ability to work in environment that provides exposure to loud noises, vibrations, moving mechanical parts, high and
- precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals