Since 1936, Pilot Thomas Logistics and its family of marine companies (collectively, "PTL Marine") including Radcliff/Economy Marine Services and Maxum Petroleum have been providing quality products and services to the barge transportation industry. PTL Marine is the one-stop shopping solution for all of your Marine Fuel and Lubes, Groceries, Supplies and Last-Mile Logistics needs.
Responsible for providing fuel, lubricants, and related services to Commercial Marine and other Customers at the Mobile, AL facilities.
- Bring terminals online, determine status of tanks, check all valves, hoses, and nozzles; check emergency pump shut off, ensure pump pressure at dock is within acceptable limits; conduct facility security checks; keep terminal clean and organized at all times; performs hose testing and maintain mechanical equipment.
- Stage product and/or oil for following day deliveries; ensure totes are full/replenished for the following day operations; gauge tanks and totes for inventory; count product for inventory; unload replenishment trucks (either package or bulk), pull/stage/ship LTL package, pick/stage will call orders; deliver products to local customers as required.
- Direct vessels/trucks/barges to proper fill stations; inform customers of Company spill prevention procedures and requirements; determine flow rate and set valves; register all trucks, vessels, and barges fueled on pertinent documentation, make sure all information is complete without blanks; collect payment from customers as required and submit for appropriate tracking/reconciliation.
- Check boom, spill pads, and absorbent boom for accessibility and condition.
- Assist drivers, customers, and 3rd party personnel as needed; aid vessel vendor staff (e.g., captains, maintenance teams) as required.
- Drive light to medium size trucks to transfer packaged products between company warehouses and customer facilities.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum one year fuel dock experience.
- Forklift operation certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 24 hours HAZWOPER training & TWIC Credential (or ability to obtain required certifications/card/training upon hire).
- Merchant Mariner Credentials with Tanker-man/Person in Charge Dangerous Liquids-Barge (T/PIC DL) Endorsement a plus.
- Must be a self-starter; ability to work alone at night and on the weekends.
- Engage in coherent speech and possess capacity to hear loud and soft noises.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and in warehouse with open dock doors.
- Ability to work in environment that provides exposure to loud noises, vibrations, moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Have strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. Walk up the tanks stairs/ships gangway.
- Frequently exposed to vibration, heat, and cold environments.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, in outside weather conditions and exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud.