Pilot Thomas Logistics (PTL) DBA Maxum Petroleum is the largest provider of fuels, chemicals and lubricants in North America. PTL is a single-source solution that partners with customers on a 24/7 basis and maintains a fleet of more than 1,400 units operating throughout our country.
This Seattle based position will be responsible for making deliveries of bulk fuels primarily ULSD #2 to heavy duty commercial, industrial, and marine accounts in Western WA. Our office and warehouses are based in Seattle on Harbor Island and in SODO.
Description of Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Make delivery of bulk petroleum products.
- Loading bulk trucks at various racks and refineries.
- Unloading petroleum products at customer's location include above ground tanks, below ground tanks, ships, etc.
- Must be able to handle 2" to 4" hoses, fittings and flanges of all sizes.
- Must do normal housekeeping on trucks and keep all trucks in good working order, clean and safe.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with customers and dispatchers.
- May be required to pick up COD's and handle some amounts of cash.
- May be required to work irregular hours, weekends and holidays
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Class A CDL with HAZMAT, Air Brakes and Tank Vehicle endorsement including current DOT medical card
- Must have 5 plus years of driving experience transporting Fuel Lubes
- Previous experience with Electronic Log Device (ELD)
- Ability to maintain authorization to obtain fuel at loading racks as required
- Ability to Obtain a Canada Fast Pass
- Ability to obtain and maintain regulatory authorization (e.g., Transportation Worker Identification Credential through the Transportation Security Administration)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climbs or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.