Responsible for assisting the Terminal Manager in the operation of the warehouse, inventory and safe practices. The Warehouse Associate reports directly to the Terminal Manager. This role has dual driving and warehouse duties.
- At first of shift, take inventory by sticking or sight glass; inspect each inventoried tank and valves for signs of leakage.
- Inspect all pumps at loading and unloading areas for leaks.
- Make sure all trash receptacles are empty and do not contain combustible material.
- All loading and unloading areas should be clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- All bulk-in containers' (buckets, drums, etc.) products are properly refilled and stacked in a safe manner.
- Used and Empty Drum Staging Area should be maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- New Drum Staging Area is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- Full and or Empty, Used Filter Drum Staging Area is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- Warehouse floor is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- Maintenance performed on all pump gear boxes in the loading and unloading areas; Oil should be changed every six (6) months with non-detergent 30 weight, or with Chevron Tegra Synthetic ISO 150 (recommended by pump supplier –Blackmer).
- Maintain and service air compressors to manufacturer's specifications and requirements.
- All tanks should be maintained, capped/sealed to prevent the accumulation of moisture.
- All tanks in the New Tank Staging area to be delivered to our customers must be inspected inside and out, proper decals and placards applied.
- Used tanks brought in from the field must be inspected for holes, dents, or cracks.
- Used tanks brought in from the field must be inspected for leaks by dispensing 5-10 gallons of off-road diesel and rolled slowly on the ground for possible leaks.
- Used tanks passing inspection are to be drained, painted, dressed (proper decaling) and stage in the proper Staging Area.
- Tank stands are to be inspected for damaged legs, bracing, cracks or broken welds.
- Stands passing inspection are to be cleaned and painted, before being placed in the proper Staging Area.
- Any product being delivered from an outside carrier must be sampled and approved before offloading.
- Properly use, maintain and operate a Forklift in a safe manner.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.