With more than 71 years of experience in the industry, Pilot Thomas Logistics is the premier provider of fuel, lubricants and chemicals to the Energy, Marine, Mining and Industrial markets. The corporate headquarters are located in Grapevine, Texas and there are more than 1,000 team members located throughout North America allowing us to provide high quality products and outstanding services to our valued customers.
Serves as a resource for the warehouse operations team, assigning work and monitoring performance. The lead also is responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing material/products. Additional responsibilities may include replenishing stock, handling customer orders, and loading trailers for intercompany transfer of products.
- Act as team leader and set the tone for cooperation, job performance, compliance with company policies and procedures, and plant safety.
- Provide assessment and informational updates on worker performance to Operations Supervisor/Manager.
- Supervise ongoing maintenance and organization in the warehouse.
- Ensure that all inventory items are properly identified and readily accessible.
- Supervise and participate in pulling/repacking products to fill delivery orders and process related paperwork.
- Participate in shipping and receiving products as required, and all applicable paperwork processing.
- Lead monthly inventory count process including counting, recounting, submitting, and reconciliation of inventory variances.
- Determine optimal loading of trucks to ensure maximum asset utilization.
- Confirm trucks are not overloaded or overweight.
- Supervise driver loading to ensure accurate and efficient departure.
- Comply with all appropriate safety-related policies and procedures.
- Complete daily tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and contribute to a pleasant and accommodating work environment through a spirit of teamwork.
- Responsible for warehouse safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees and within the regulations of all OSHA local and state regulations.
- Recommends equipment requirements and replacements to Operations management in order to upgrade and maintain warehouse productivity and efficiency.
- Acts as replacement for Operations management during vacation periods, or when the Operations management is unavailable for staff meetings, etc., where applicable.
- Responsible for the progressive disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; ensures a productive labor climate in the warehouse operation.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned