Under the direction of the Mine Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for the daily operation of a road haul truck in an active mine environment.
**$2000.00 Retention Sign Bonus OR Relocation Assistance is available for those willing to move to the Carlin, NV and Reno/Sparks Area. You must currently reside 75+ miles from the terminal address. Free housing incentive plan available!
**Contact us to learn more!!"
- Operate a road haul truck.
- Operate in a safe and efficient manner, causing the least wear and/or damage to the equipment and mine property; maintaining the highest level of production possible, hauling material from point A to point B.
- Know the work area and dump locations in the mine. Safety conscious with a basic knowledge of pit policies and procedures.
- Help develop other department personnel to perform duties listed above.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Class A commercial driver's license required.
- Doubles/Triples endorsement required.
- 6 months driving experience in Class A commercial motor vehicle or certificate from a qualified truck driving school.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical system and demonstrated ability to perform and document a thorough pre-operational inspection to evaluate mechanical condition of the truck.
- Blind spot recognition required.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as required, in order to perform required vehicle inspections.
- Frequently climb in and out of a large truck.
- Sit for extended periods of time in a truck.
"Relocation Assistance is available for those willing to move to the Carlin, NV and Reno/Sparks Area. You must currently reside 75+ miles from the terminal address. Contact us to learn more!!"